Sheffield Climate Stories Competition
2014 was the hottest year on record, and all that extra heat has been causing weird weather around the globe. Seasons change their pattern, there are big storms, and maybe floods or drought or fires. Local people work hard to make changes to their homes and food, water and energy sources.
At Sheffield Climate Alliance we are collecting photos and stories from around the world, of the changes that are happening and how local communities are responding. You can download our Climate Stories Competition poster and entry form here. (We have extended the deadline to 31st Oct 2015.)
Join our competition and tell us your story!
Tell us the story behind a photo – and we will publish a selection on our website, hold an exhibition, and get them into newspapers and broadcasts. You can write about one of our photos below, or write about your own (or one from a friend or a news report). As well as getting your story published, we are are offering prizes for the best entries.
How do I enter?
- Choose a photo you want to tell the story of – one of the photos below, or one of your own
- Write (up to 200 words) or record your story (up to 2 minutes)
- Email us your story (and photo) by email to stories at sheffieldclimatealliance dot net. Please tell us your name and age, which of our photos your story is about, or the web address of your photo if it’s not one of ours.
- OR: post or deliver the story and photo to us with the entry form – contact us for more details
- The final closing date is now 31st Oct 2015, but don’t wait till then, we will publish stories sooner.