Join us at ShareAction’s free workshop 19 May 7pm
Come to a free evening workshop led by Shareaction, the movement for responsible investment.
Come along to learn about:
– how the South Yorkshire Pension Fund is currently investing its money (and possibly yours)
– the connection between your pension (wherever it is invested) and our climate (or other key issues you know people care about)
– how to ramp up the pressure on your pension fund.
– There’s over £6 billion invested in the South Yorkshire Pension Fund. Right now, their savings are deeply invested in fossil fuel companies and other high-carbon industries which are driving dangerous climate change.
– If you are a pension fund member, your voice can influence this critical issue.
– Working with ShareAction is a practical way to pursue responsible investment by pension funds.
We at Sheffield Climate Alliance will be focussing on the South Yorkshire Pension Fund so welcome people who are members of the Scheme, both in receipt of pensions or paying into the scheme. We want to hear your ideas about what our campaign messages should be and we need your energy to help promote them!
If you’re not a member of the South Yorkshire Fund but are investing in a pension, you will find Shareaction’s main messages and national campaign materials equally valuable. You are very welcome to attend.
Join us on Tuesday 19th May at 7pm at the Quaker Meeting House, 10 St. James Street, Sheffield S1 2EW. It’s free.
Queries? Call Janet on 07740 457 528.