Wanted: graphic designer for the soon to be launched South Yorkshire fossil free group
We’re launching a new South Yorkshire fossil free group to capture the power of the people of Doncaster, Rotherham and Barnsley as well as those of Sheffield and we need a logo. South Yorkshire Fossil Free! will campaign on divestment issues and have strong links with the Go Fossil Free network of local groups.
Can you or someone you know #showthelove and help? This is a great opportunity for student graphic designers or companies wanting to demonstrate their commitment to helping as we all transition to a low carbon economy.
We will use the logo on our website, on banners and on printed materials.
We are not graphic designers but think we need:
* a 72 dpi and 300dpi version of the logo
* a jpg format
* an eps format so it can be re-sized to any size, so future-proofing it.
* A black/grey image as well as a colour version
* A relatively simple logo that will be legible when reproduced quite small, at the bottom of
an A5 flyer, say.
Our current thoughts:
*We want to use some of the same colours that are used in the Sheffield Climate Alliance logo , to maintain a visual link with our ‘parent’ organisation. This link could emphasized by using the same font and/or incorporating a circle into the SYFF! logo.
* We would like an orange X as part of a simple design, with a black/grey image as well as a colour version. This would reflect our link with the Go Fossil Free network (see a range of GFF logos by googling ‘go fossil free’.
* Our logo should include the word ‘South Yorkshire Fossil Free!’ in full, whether or not abbreviation SYFF! is also used.
We are looking for someone who feels able to donate their time to this project. In return we would provide you with a reference based on the work that you do.
Here’s the logoBriefForSSYF! in a pdf file. Please circulate it on social media or email people you think might be interested.All help much appreciated.
For more information and any queries, please get in touch with Janet Paske via email.