Time to engage? 5 different events over the next 2 weeks…
We think it is fair to say that our region of South Yorkshire can’t be accused of being too quiet… There are 5 events over the next two weeks, all slightly different that give people a chance to think about climate activism and help them to develop their skills.
- Starting on Saturday 19th January, Extinction Rebellion will be holding a planning meeting for this season, all are welcome to attend even if you’ve not been before. Taking place from 2 to 4pm at Union Street, 18-22 Union Street, S1 2JP. Find more details for this here
- Green and Black Cross will be holding more Legal Observer training on Sunday 20th January. It is a full day from 10.45am to 5pm at Union Street (18-22 Union Street, S1 2JP) and you will need to take a packed lunch with you. For more details and to register your place, click here
- Graham Wroe will be speaking at ‘Are We Facing Extinction? What Can We Do About It?‘ on Monday 21st January. This is taking place at 7.30 to 9.30pm, Victoria Methodist, Stafford Road, S2 2SE. Updated information on this event can be found here
- On Saturday 26th January there will be a ‘Know Your Rights and Direct Action Training’ Day. This event is aimed at people interested in the anti-fracking movement and similar like-minded people. The training will be run by Seeds of Change, there is no venue set yet but the time is expected to be 10am to 5pm. For updated details, please find the event page here
- There will be another chance for ‘Non-Violent Direct Action Training’ on Saturday 2nd February, run by Extinction Rebellion. The session is free and runs from 2.30 to 5pm and participants need to register, but XR regret that access to the session is only by a stairway. For more details and to register, click here
Please do check all the details of each event and register for the appropriate ones as needed to secure your place. If you’re curious about ‘Extinction Rebellion’ and want to know more (including non-direct, supporting roles), you can email firstname.lastname@example.org