CycleSheffield AGM will be taking place on Wednesday the 13th June at 7pm in the Showroom cafe bar.
Jonathan Fingland from Greater Manchester Cycling Campaign will be there to talk about the exciting developments on the other side of the Pennines and what Sheffield can learn as campaigners – especially relevant as we have just elected a Sheffield City Region mayor. Can we get Dan Jarvis to deliver similar in South Yorkshire?
- Andy Burnham secured Labour nomination for GM Mayor in August 2016 and was elected in May 2017
- Chris Boardman appointed as GM’s first ever Cycling and Walking Commissioner in July 2017
- ‘Made to Move’ report on transforming the city region into a world class region for cycling and walking published in December 2017
- In March 2018 GMCA allocated £160m to cycling and walking schemes over 4 years (from its £243m Transforming Cities Fund)
- Andy Burnham (the GM mayor): “It will give Greater Manchester a cycling infrastructure on par with the most forward thinking of European cities.”
As well as Jonathan’s talk, the AGM and social will be a great opportunity to meet other supporters. CycleSheffield are also looking for people to join the CycleSheffield committee and help us campaign for a more cycle-friendly Sheffield.