Green New Deal South Yorkshire (GNDSY)
We’re building a movement for the Green New Deal – an ambitious national plan to tackle climate breakdown while creating a fair society that works for everyone. In the GND UK South Yorkshire hub, we’re committed to work collaboratively with people from diverse communities, groups and organisations across South Yorkshire to create a vision of what a Green New Deal would look like locally, and campaign together on the practical steps to make it a reality.
We are allied with and committed to the 5 principles of Green
New Deal UK, which works to:
1. Totally decarbonise the economy of the United Kingdom within 10 years
2. Create millions of new well-paid, secure, unionised jobs across the country
3. Transform our economy so the financial system serves the needs of people and planet, with an accountable and democratic government in the driving seat.
4. Protect and restore vital habitats and carbon sinks, including forests and wild areas, and ensure the provision of clean water, air, green spaces and a healthy environment for all.
5. Promote global justice by supporting all peoples and countries to decarbonise quickly and fairly, in line with timeframes set out by science.
GNDSY meet on alternate Wednesdays from 6-7.15 pm. We’d love new people to join so please email us email@example.com or call Joan on 01142 498613
We collaborate to organise events and to lobby local politicians and institutions. New members are always welcome, bring your skills and connections whatever they are.
Sign up to our database for updates and to support GNDSY:
Read the report on our Feeding South Yorkshire event here.